Saturday, December 11, 2010

You

If I have to listen to myself,
I am to listen to me
I am to listen to I;
the sea to its whisperings,
the interval between those whisperings
where many unsaid words
have more meanings;

so listening to myself
I am to listen to you
to your self
to what you did not utter;

like my other life
when it arrives without warning
without even one single peal
of a tiny bell
like a pre-winter breeze
fresh and shaved
and as smooth
as the table of my poetry.

And by listening to myself
I will arrive at your door,
slip through the crevice
between the same door and the floor
and help you taste
the crispy sunlight
the nippy breeze,
the laughter of children
mixed with the sand
and the shore of their life;

hand you a spoonful of honey
bought from the market of humanity;

to stir up the freedom of your thoughts
sleeping curled and naked like a question mark
under blankets of a fast life,
apathy,
selfishness.







1 comment: